Our SHEA+ZINC diaper cream helps soothe, heal, and protect your poor little baby’s bum from irritation, redness, and soreness. All natural, very basic, but works wonders! Oil infused with chamomile and calendula flowers offer an ultra-soothing base to promote healing of common skin irritation while also providing soothing comfort. Coconut oil is added for its high lauric acid content, and is a natural antimicrobial and anti-fungal that helps prevent bacterial and yeast infections. The addition of zinc oxide provides anti-inflammatory qualities that help combat redness and irritation. Finally, we include Bentonite clay to add a little detoxifying boost.
While we concocted this recipe with babies in mind, we've heard adults can also enjoy its benefits--especially in those sticky summer months where skin irritation is a common affliction of the more delicate parts of the human anatomy.
- shea butter (vitellaria paradoxa)
- virgin unrefined coconut oil* (cocos nucifera) and extra virgin olive oil* (olea europaea) infused with:
- calendula flowers* (calendula officinalis)
- chamomile flowers* (matricaria officinalis)
- zinc oxide (non-nano, pharmaceutical grade)
- beeswax (cera alba)
- bentonite clay
*USDA Certified Organic Ingredient