The MIA ZIA herbal sitz bath is packed with a soothing combination of dried herbs and flowers capable of assisting in wound healing and discomfort associated with birth including but not exclusive to perineal swelling, hemorrhoids, irritation of the anus or vulva and general swelling and discomfort. The herbal Sitz bath can be beneficial for those who experienced a surgical birth as well.
- calendula flowers* (calendula officinalis)
- red raspberry leaf* (rubus idaeus)
- chamomile flowers* (matricaria officinalis)
- lavender flowers (lavendula)
- plantain leaf* (plantago)
- yarrow flowers* (achillea millefolium)
- uva ursi* (arctostaphylos uva ursi)
- marshmallow root* (althaea officinalis)
*All herbs are 100% USDA Certified Organic
2.5 oz. (enough for 4-6 sitz baths)
Pour herbs into reusable cotton muslin bag (included) and steep in up to 2 quarts of boiling water for at least 20 minutes. Let concoction cool until it is warm--not hot. The herbal infusion can then be used in multiple ways:
- Add to shallow basin or bathtub and add enough water to cover perineal area. Soak perineal area for 15-20 minutes. You can place filled muslin bag directly on perineal area for soothing comfort.
- Add to a soothing bath.
- Pour into peri-bottle and squirt sitz tea on perineal area after using the bathroom
Some things to remember:
*use only after birth
*do not use if you have been advised not to take a bath
*only use in well cleaned tub or basin
*rinse perineal area before and after use
MIA ZIA sitz bath does not include sea salt, which is a common ingredient in sitz bath combinations. Sea salt has the potential to assist with wound healing. If you would like to take advantage of its healing benefits, feel free to add a large pinch of sea salt to your herbal infusion upon steeping.
MORE ABOUT HERBS:
Lavender Flowers: Antibacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant.
Yarrow Flowers: Especially helpful for stopping bleeding and hemorrhoids.
Calendula Flowers: Soothing, wound-healing, stops bleeding and fights infection.
Chamomile Flowers: Extra gentle and calming for the skin. Anti-inflammatory properties.
Red Raspberry Leaf: Traditionally used by midwives for centuries, this herb is lauded as a mineral-rich uterine tonic with healing powers reputed to help sooth skin.
Plantain Leaf: Promotes quick healing and soothes wounds. Especially good for helping with itching and pain.
Uva Ursi: Reduces inflammation. Astringent and antiseptic.
Marshmallow Root: A natural emollient. Assists in wound-healing.